Shut up Get out

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Breaking up is Hard to Do.

Is this true? What is so hard about "I don't like you that way anymore"? I'm just asking the question.

I broke up a little over 2 years ago with the Pita, yet remained in the house that we owned together because it was convenient. Needless to say, I didn't have much of a dating life. To be honest, I didn't really want one. I've had enough stupidity to last me a lifetime, thankyou. We broke up because he couldn't get a grip on his jealousy--well, there were other things involved--but really, the last straw was when we went on one of those "Let's save our relationship" vacations and he accused me of flirting with waiters young enough to be my sons. He launched into a diatribe about how disrespectful it was. Now when did being polite and saying please and thank you become disrespectful? THEN he accused me of sleeping with everyone on my softball team--well, at least all the MALE members (no pun intended).

So I had enough and basically used the old Steve Martin "I break with thee, I break with thee, I break with thee" technique. The pita actually thought that I would come around and we would be together again.

So Labor Day weekend, two years later, rolls around and I had just come back from 6 days at a conference. That conference basically provided me a slap upside the haid about what my life had become. It wasn't pretty. I was a shell of my former fun loving self, so I told him "I don't want to have ANY kind of relationship with you". And the fight was on. Every damn night.

He actually accused me of being a lesbian. One of my friends told me that I could have saved myself A LOT of trouble by just "admitting" that, but I have an issue with lying. It is now 6 weeks later and I am finally moving into a house of my own. It hasn't been without a lot of strife. He has picked arguments over the most stupid stuff. Most recently, the fact that he had to get satellite tv under his own name. The company wouldn't allow me to just transfer the account to him. I explained this to him about eleventy jillion times and he was STILL bitching about it last night! I told him he was being stupid about it.

Then he had to have a fight over the 20 or so boxes in the storage room that I told him to throw out almost 4 years ago. He wants me to move them to my new house and then I can throw them out. That makes a lot of sense to me. NOT!

A friend asked me this morning how long it would be before I lived with another man. I told her NEVER. I hope that isn't true, but it will be a long while, I imagine.

In the meantime, I have had friends who have supported me like I have never experienced and made friends with men who have provided me with a unique point of view and some very wise advice. I hope my friends realize how much I love and appreciate them.

Neil Sedaka should get the Nobel prize. I'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home