Shut up Get out

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

HERE IS A REAL CASE OF SHUT UP GET OUT.

I was carded twice in a week. I am about 26 years out of carding range. For those of you who lack basic math skills or have a slow hamster on the wheel--I'm 47.

I was sitting at a little cafe in DC and I ordered a Vanilla Skyye martini. I was with a young man, probably 15 years younger than me, if not more--a fellow safety professional. The waitress asked to see my id. I had to finish laughing before I handed it to her. It made me weak.

THEN, about 4 days later, I was at dinner with my parents--the dogsitters--we were at "Famous Dave's" being waited on by "Famous Amy" and I ordered a margarita. Famous Amy carded me. This time, she had to wait for my mother to quit laughing.

I was telling my softball team about this--after a discussion about me being the 'senior' member of the team and one of the younger women said--you must have looked HOT. Yeah, that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home