Shut up Get out

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A very good friend of mine and a now published author shared the following "My grandmother taught me that getting up and saying whatever is on your mind doesn't always make you a strong assertive woman. Sometimes it just makes you a bitch who talks too much"

Think about it. I work in a very male dominated industry--it is getting more and more women, but it is still male dominated. That never bothered me. What bothers me is women who think they are smarter than everyone else or who think they have to act like Bitchzilla to get any where in their field. You don't. If you know your shit, it will be recognized. Eventually. It's kind of like karma. Sometimes you have to wait for it and if you are an incredibly patient person like I am (I'll wait for you to quit laughing), eventually it will happen.

Here is my story of the day. Telemarketers suck. Last night, I answered the phone and one of the vermin was on the other end. I couldn't understand this guy at all. Not one word. I think he was speaking English, but I couldn't understand him. I did understand my phone number and last name and said yes that's me. He kept talking about a coupon I filled out when I was out shopping and I racked my brains trying to remember if I did anything like that. I told him I couldn't recall such a thing. He jumps on that and says "You can't recall? But you might have?" I told him I didn't think I did and he made his fatal mistake. He said, maybe your husband, Mr. Ballz, filled it out. Click.

I still don't know what the hell he wanted, but he called back and I just let my secretary (the answering machine) pick up for me. He didn't leave a message. Good thing, I probably couldn't understand it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home