Shut up Get out

Monday, May 01, 2006

FINALLY! IT'S HERRREEEEE!

What could bring me to this level of enthusiasm on a Monday? Well--softball season has finally started! It's been a long 6 months. I haven't touched a softball since October 30, 2005, possibly the most sucky game I have ever played in. It was raining and then snowing and the wind was blowing and I had enough clothes on that I looked like the Michelin man. The only good thing about that day was that the Broncos handed the Eagles their asses on a platter and I had a particularly interesting bet with someone. But that's another story.

Anyway--I went to the batting cage and took some cuts. Wasn't ugly like I thought it would be, but I AM feeling it this morning. In my back and rib cage. Cannot figure out for the life of me why my rib cage hurts like a mother after the first batting practice of the season, but it does. Hate it.

Walked over to the field and stepped into warm up. The first ball I threw about put me on my knees and I believe I used the "eff" word. I hate this shoulder thing I've got going. Especially when they, and by they, I mean the doctors who have a lot more education than I do, can't figure out why it hurts. "Bursitis" is what they say, with a touch of arthritis and "biceps tendonitis". Crap, I don't do anything that warrants all that. Yes, I work out 5 days /week in one form or another (soon to be 6), but come on--this is ridiculous. And the Doc says "It's not old age". Whatever-just fix it. Unfortunately, I can only have 2 more cortisone shots this year (I'm saving em--just in case). There is no rotator cuff tear, but there may be bone chips causing this "impingement". That is just a 5 dollar word for "This hurts like hell". In that case--surgery to clean it up. I told the doc--that's really gonna eff up my softball season and he said "You ain't kidding".

I digress. I went 3 for 3 last night, had a fielding play at 2nd--got the out despite my shoulder pain and we won, 15-0. I hope that is a precurser to our season. Not the excrutiating shoulder pain--the win.

I took the max dose of advil and slept with my ice pack. I hope THAT isn't a precurser either.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger nettiemac said…

    Sorry to hear your shoulder is hurting so badly! I'm in and out on the MBOL, so I missed something along the way. Shoulder injuries must be something awful -- my mom has years of repetitive stress injury for her arms and shoulders and STILL feels pain 7 years after retirement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home