Shut up Get out

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

LIFE IS WAY TOO SHORT

to be miserable. My friend, Sarah, is dying of cancer. She is a year younger than I am. Her death will be devastating to a lot of my friends as well. She fought a good fight, but she's losing and that is perhaps the worst thing of all. When I saw her in September, I was in my own personal version of hell. She had just been diagnosed and I thought for sure I would see her in March in Mississippi or even December when I went down to Arizona for Christmas. I couldn't find 2 hours at Christmas to go and visit her and by March, she wasn't doing very well. Now she is dying and I won't see her on this earth again. All I can do is pray her passing is peaceful and relatively pain free. I pray that she is lucid and can remember all the love she spread and all the people who love her back. Whenever you talked to her and you told her "I love you" she would always reply, I love you more.

That will be my honor to her. To live each day like it was my last and whenever anyone tells me they love me, I will respond--I love you more. It's not a competitive thing, but this whole thing has made me realize that you cannot waste one more day being in a situation that you can change. You have to be with the people you love more than anything and who love you back. If you don't like something--CHANGE IT! God gives you free will and expects you to use it to live the life He intended for you. Happiness is your legacy to your children. They learn from you and if they see you miserable, they will think it is okay to live that way. Life is one learning experience after another and according to my 90 year old Dad--sometimes those life lessons really suck. Suck or not--they do make you a better person and you take those lessons into other situations.

So, my challenge to you is to honor my friend Sarah. Tell someone that you love them, tell someone you are happy you met them and that they make your life better, do something for someone who always does for others or let them do something for you. Love every minute you've got on this earth, you never know when it will end.

Godspeed Sarah--save me a seat when I get there.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was beautiful. I'm so glad you can find peace in remembering the good things. That's the best tribute you can give anyone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home