Shut up Get out

Monday, May 22, 2006

THIS IS HOW EXCITING MY WEEKENDS ARE

First-on Friday night, I got out my trusty manual mower and mowed my front lawn. I decided that my mother is crazy and that I really should have just spent the money on a damn power mower, I don't care how small my yard is. Of course, the shoulder problems do have something to do with this bitchiness about the mower.

While I was dragging the damn thing out of the garage--I noticed there was a gd mouse in the mouse trap in the garage. Remember the live trap that I used with that other little effer? Only this one didn't look so live. I got all grossed out at the thought of having to drag the stupid thing to work to have the guys dump the carcass out, but went out and mowed my lawn. I decided that I could not possibly mow the back because it is just too hard and made the decision to go buy a power mower the next day.

So Saturday, I was supposed to do a 5K, but with all the 14 hour days I worked, I just couldn't bring myself to it. Instead, I got a full body massage and my neck and back haven't felt this good in years.

Saturday night--I was at Home Depot buying a lawn mower. Thank God for Ernest who put the thing together for me and Steve loaded it into my car. The only problem was--once I got home--I had to wrestle the damn thing out of my car. I have 2 lovely gashes on my knee. Saturday night at the Home Depot--yep--I live an exciting life as a single person.

My dad called and he asked if he could do anything for me. I said that he could come get the dead mouse out of the trap. He provided all sorts of reasonable advice about how I could do it and I told him that it was a trap that had to be opened and the mouse would drop out of it and that was my problem--I DIDN'T WANT TO TOUCH THE STUPID THING!! He said--well, I guess we've all got our issues.

Sunday, I decided that I had to be brave and get the mouse thrown away so that the trap could be reset. I put on gloves and opened the garage door in case he was still alive and got the trap open and this thing had been dead so long that he was basically mummified. Which grossed me out even more. But he fell right out into the trash can, where I immediately covered him up with newspapers and did the gross out dance.

Yes, I am ridiculous, but I hate mice and all their related ilk. So I was brave and disposed of him and reset the trap. Then I washed my hands and did something that made me happy--I baked cookies for my friend, the Marine. And played softball.

All in all, it was a good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home