Shut up Get out

Monday, November 20, 2006

OH MY GOD. There is not one thing on me that doesn't hurt and today is better than yesterday was. Will someone PLEASE remind me that I am not 35 anymore? That's kind of rhetorical--please don't remind me--it just pisses me off that I can hurt like this. I'm talking about the I can hardly walk kind of hurt, where it takes you 5 minutes after you stand up to actually start moving in a forward motion.

What would possibly cause this type of agonizing pain? The first race of the season--that's what. I take full responsibility for it. After my surgery this summer, I quit doing anything that remotely resembled exercise. Oh sure, I walked the dogs every day, but that was more of a stroll and my right arm was not involved at all in the process. So, I'm thinking to myself that I should be able to do 3 miles with no problem. And I did. The problems started about 3 hours after the race--I was exhausted--could hardly hold my head up. Then the stiffness set in. I actually went to sleep at 7 pm on Saturday night. Then on Sunday when I tried to get up--it took me like 20 minutes to stand up and every time I got up during the day, I would have to wait about 5 minutes before I could actually move. I almost cried every time I had to go upstairs for something. And of course, my damn dogs had to go on their walk. Twice.

Today is a lot better, but I have to watch how long I sit. Otherwise, I have to wait 5 minutes before I decide I'm not going to pass out from the pain. I don't remember it being like this ever before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home