Shut up Get out

Friday, September 29, 2006

WHEN IN THE HELL DID IT BECOME APPROPRIATE TO SHOW YOUR ASS WHEN EXPRESSING YOUR OPINION?

I don't get this. Yes--I understand that you have a right to express your opinion, but when did it become socially acceptable to think your opinion is the only one that matters and that you have the right to call others a bunch of effing morons if they don't agree with you. Effing moron might not be the specific statement made, but it was close. Frankly--I don't give a crap if you don't like someone, but you know--you don't need to post it all over the internet and then explain it away by "I was just having fun" or "I have the right to say what I want."

This is what I'm talking about. Yes--you have the right to say what you want--if you didn't, that would be "censorship", but for Christ's sake--don't you have the common sense and decorum to keep your g.d. mouth shut if it's gonna hurt someone's feelings and you KNOW it will.

I gotta tell you--I'm more than a little surprised at the number of people I know that will show their asses in public just for the sake of a little opinion expressing. Nobody is really all that interested. Trust me on this one. Myself--I don't give a crap about the in-fighting that goes on. Shit, if you can't get along--don't go there any more. It isn't rocket science. Y'all are a lot smarter than that and it really takes you down a few notches in my view when you do it.

The only reason shit is controversial is because YOU can't quit expressing your opinion about it. The rest of us have moved on. It WASN'T controversial to start with and the only reason it was made so is because 1 or two--ONE OR TWO people made it that way. The rest of you should have just minded your own g.d. business because you weren't interested in it to start with, but you HAD to have an opinion on it--EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN'T AFFECT YOU. You don't HAVE to have an opinion on every topic in the world. I'd just as soon you didn't because you bore me and I think you are hateful people who have nothing better to do than stir up shit.

In the meantime, I will be enjoying the fact that my favorite baseball player is in the playoffs and I hope he gets another ring because he deserves it. He doesn't feel the need to express his effing opinion every time he opens his mouth. No wonder I love him best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home