Shut up Get out

Monday, September 18, 2006

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST. As you know--I have been at war with mice. I hate them and they seem compelled to move into my house at random. When I was off on surgical leave, I caught one and though I was doing a favor by letting it go (I have a live trap). After the little fucker ran over my foot and made me do the mouse dance, I swore that I would never do it again.

Actually, the swearing part came when I came downstairs one morning and saw that one of his relatives had chewed through an 8 dollar can of mixed nuts. At that point, I swore no mouse would leave my house alive ever again and that I would nail his carcass to the garage as a warning to all future mice. One of the guys I work with thought I should post little sticky notes "No mice allowed" "Mice go away". I seriously considered it.

So Saturday, I opened my pantry to feed my dogs and something REEKED in there. I was pretty sure it was dead mouse stench, so I had to look for it. But first I had to have some alchohol to up my bravery factor just a bit. Elvis was really interested in the live trap I keep set in there and finally I looked behind the trap. Well, the stupid son of a bitch mouse had gotten stuck in the entry of the live trap. The stupid bastard didn't even have the common sense or decency to let the trap throw him into the live part of the trap. 1/2 of his mouse ass was hanging out and 1/2 was in. Can you even effing believe it.

So I put my gloves on and take it to the garage to empty out the thing into the trash can. The mouse is stuck. Can't get him out and I'll be damned if "I" touch it. So I decide to leave him in the trap in the garage until he stops stinking. At that point, I will try to shake him out again or bring him to work and have the guys deal with it.

Obviously, mice are not the brightest creatures on God's earth, but Jesus Christ--you'd think number one, they would talk amongst themselves and spread the word that I am a mouse killer and number 2--how can they NOT use a live trap properly--it's not like they have to actually THINK! You don't just die 1/2 way in! whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home