Shut up Get out

Monday, October 29, 2007

AS OF TODAY, WE ARE ALL IN FIRST PLACE

This is a sad day in the life of Ballz. Baseball season is officially over. Softball season is officially over. I took my bat bag out of my car last night and hung it up. Had a moment of silence and made a note to self about buying new cleats next year.

While I do not really follow the Rockies--they are my home town team and I was pretty impressed that they made it to the series. Because with a week to go in the regular season--they weren't going to get there and then look what happened. They won 21 out of 22 games. That feat alone earns my respect. I'm not reallly fond of Boston. I think they are a bunch of prima donnas. Yes, they won the series--good for them. But according to the media--they won the series 2 weeks ago. So what was the point of making us die in Colorado because the computer system crashed and we couldn't get tickets. Hell, the media should have just given them the trophy and said the end.

Which brings me to my point. As of today--we are even. Every team is in first place and when they report on February whatever (the 13th or 14th) for spring training, they all have the same dream. The pennant chase.

Yesterday was a first for me. The last softball games of the season and it was 70 some degrees. That's right. We played our last game without 14 layers of clothes and no snow. The first game was 20-9 (us) and whoever we were supposed to play on the second game forfeited (Sounds like someone had World Series tickets), so it looks like we took 2nd in the league. Over the years, these people have become my friends and so it is sad to say goodbye until April. But goodbye it is and I settle in for the winter and wait for those magic words in about six months. PLAY BALL!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home