Shut up Get out

Monday, October 15, 2007

ROAD KILL IS, AFTER ALL, ROAD KILL NO MATTER HOW High or Low the road is.

At some point, when you are Oh and Two (0-2) in the count--no balls--you've got to take a pitch or two and take your own destiny in your hands. And if you have to take the semi-low road--well, so be it.

And you know what--I feel good about it, because I am right and a quiet dignity is all I need to maintain right now. Sometimes you come out on top simply because you didn't say everything you wanted to. Because someone else is gonna say it for you.

So for the first time in over a month--I am in control again. I am the boss of ME and that is what is necessary. I have friends ready to kick ass and build patios on my behalf. They have become MY PERSON--all of them and they will remind me that I will rise above.

As a side note--I was getting my hair done on Saturday by a woman who has been my friend for years. I told her of the drama that is my life and we managed to find many amusing things about it. Then she asked me what I was doing that night and I told her she would be jealous of me. I mentioned knitting and she seemed rather taken aback. I said "Are you surprised that I know how to knit?" She replied "NO! I'm scared! Do they not realize that you will have sharp pointed objects in your hand and will take an eye out if necessary?" I really hadn't thought of it that way, but she has a point. No pun intended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home