Shut up Get out

Saturday, March 04, 2006

WAFFLE WORTHY

This is a corellary to the POP TART theory. If you are a guy, you definitely want to be waffle worthy in my world. Waffles have a special place in my life. They have become a huge inside joke and the general meaning is if I invoke waffle status (As in--MADAM, WE MUST ALL HAVE WAFFLES FORTHWITH-from the Ladykillers) you know that means something is beyond great. My friends (otherwise known as "The Coven"--deemed so by one of my off and on favorite men) have designated 2 men in my world as "waffle worthy". I didn't even get to do it. But I concur with the designation. I'm not even talking the suckass Eggo variety either. I'm talking about me getting out my very own waffle iron and making waffles from scratch type waffles. That's a hell of a man in my opinion--that I would be willing to go to that much trouble for.

One of these waffle worthy guys was informed of his status and his damn ego got so big, I think I'm gonna have to put him on Eggo status until his opinion of himself improves.

UPDATE ON THE DATING SCENE:

I've been seeing "Cheesecake Factory Guy" for awhile and he has now managed to irritate the crap out of me for no apparent reason. He seemed nice and he was easy to talk to, but there was absolutely NO chemistry. One of the main issues I had with him is that he did not like baseball, nor did he like any other sport. There's gotta be something effing wrong with you if you don't like sports. Well, maybe I should say--I dated a guy once who hated sports and there was already a girl in the relationship--me. I knew that nothing serious was going to develop with CFG simply because he told me that he would not sit down and watch a baseball game. We all know what I think of that. A couple of weeks ago, we went out to dinner and I ordered a beer. I swear to God, he almost sprained his ass, his sphincter snapped tight so fast. He then made the statement "Well, I don't drink, but I guess I don't mind if you do." What the phuk? I didn't realize he was my MOTHER, who wouldn't have said that in a million years. She would have said--have 2--you had a rough week.

Anyway--CFG made another inane remark in an email about 2 days ago, which really kind of sealed the irritation factor thing for me. One of the ladies I eat lunch with asked me why he was so irritating. The only thing I could think of was this:

"He's kind of like the scab on my lip (from the dog bite). It almost gets healed up and then I knock it off and it's really annoying. Then it happens again and you wonder if the sumbitch is ever gonna heal up and quit irritating the crap out of you. By the time the phuker is gone, you're awfully glad it is, because it won't irritate you any more."

She knew exactly what I was talking about. He is neither Pop tart NOR Waffle worthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home