Shut up Get out

Monday, February 20, 2006

PRESIDENT'S DAY--I'm home, but I shouldn't be. I don't technically have the day off, but I spent 2 hours in the emergency room last night due to an unfortunate accident and the doc says I have to stay home til I stop bleeding. See, I forgot the old adage never disturb a sleeping dawg or sleeping baby. I can tell you exactly why--cuz dogs bite when you wake em up and scare em. My sweet little Ed took a big ass chunk out of my upper lip, causing massive bleeding and a trip to the er. Once I got there, the place was packed, but it wasn't patients. There were about 30 people there for one patient. I don't know what was wrong with this person, but I can tell you that 30 people would not show up for me at 9 at night on an evening where the temperature was around zero. The only reason I dragged my own ass out of the house was because if I needed stitches--I wanted them to do it while the stitching was good, not if they had to trim off dead skin to make the stitching better.

Once I got in, the doc took one look and said, Normally we could stitch this up, but you've got a chunk missing and we just have to let it heal. BUT THE GOOD NEWS (whatever) is that the face is pretty forgiving and the lip should fill in okay. But we'll send you to a plastic surgeon just in case. So they cleaned it up, smeared it with Neosporin, gave me a damn tetnus shot and a scrip for an antibiotic and told me to at least take today off til it quit bleeding. The most disturbing thing is that they called the police dept to report the dog bite. That pissed me off. Then the effing police department called me at almost midnight to tell me that they would call me tomorrow (today) for a report. I told them that a report wasn't necessary, that it was my own dog and that I was at fault. The officer was a real ass so I hope that the animal control officer is a bit more reasonable.

On the other hand, I made more cookies this weekend. The snickerdoodles are so good, they would make you weep.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    seester - i can't hep but wonder if Ed swallowed that chunk. i can sympathize with Ed due to the fact that i kinda feel like biting beeg assed chunks outta "people" when I get woke up myownself.

    hope your lip is mucho betta by parade.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home