Shut up Get out

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

THE GREAT COOKIE DEBACLE OF 2007 Well, technically, it wasn't a debacle by definition. It was more of a What the Fuck did you do moment. I took Friday off because I had a date Saturday and I came to the panicked realization that I was leaving town in 8 short days and still had a crap load of things to do. So Friday morning, I went to the Wal to pick up some last minute things need for baking. Get home, eat breakfast and start mixing cookie dough. I was making sugar cookies. Sugar cookies are a giant pain in the ass. I only make them a couple times a year. The mixing part of sugar cookies--not a pain in the ass thanks to my badass KitchenAid mixer.

The rolling, baking and frosting part=pain in the ass.

So, I wanted to make some extra and I THOUGHT the recipe made 3 dozen. So I doubled it. 4 hours later, while I was STILL rolling out and cutting cookies, I started thinking--there is something wrong here. So I looked at the recipe again and it makes SIX DOZEN COOKIES. TWELVE FUCKING DOZEN COOKIES AND 7 HOURS LATER, I am finally done.

But they truly are the best cookies you will ever eat in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home