Shut up Get out

Monday, December 12, 2005

THAT SNICKER BAR THIEVIN, CARB LOADIN' SUMBITCH

Yes, I am still at war with the rodent. He likes bread and lots of it. So Saturday, I go to the Walmart and get the kind of traps that you don't have to touch the dead rodent carcass--you don't even have to look at it. They go in it, it snaps shut (and boy does it--I found out about 4 times trying to set it--scared the crap out of me every time it went off), mouse dies immediately (so the package says) and you throw the whole thing out.

I've hidden all the bread I have in the cabinet and set the traps. So I go downstairs Sunday morning hoping that the little germ infested creep is dead in a trap and I'll be done with it. BUT OH NO--there is a half eaten Snicker bar in the middle of my stove and I know it wasn't ME who left it there. I start cussing because not only was it a waste of a perfectly good Snicker bar, but the fact that the mouse was still alive and not dead, like he was supposed to be. I mumbled something about how I hoped he would die of chocolate consumption--you know--like dogs get really sick if they eat chocolate? Well, I hope the same thing happens to rodents--only worse. I am grossed out beyond belief and the mouse still lives. I told my work husband about this and his suggestion was to put out another Snicker bar and wait with a 30.06 shotgun. According to him, you can't be overgunned in a situation like this. I tend to agree.

This is probably not very Christian of me around the holidays, but honestly--I am terrified of mice. They are creepy and they are scary and the one person that I thought I could count on for mouse killing is avoiding me (long story--I hope it has a happy ending someday).

Today--Monday, I get up--no dead mouse in the traps, but nothing has been eaten. I hope the chocolate killed him. If it didn't--I will someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home