Shut up Get out

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

WELL, THAT DIDN'T TAKE LONG.

If you follow this blog at all, you will know that my one New Year resolution was to quit cussing (again). That one lasted until 11:10 am on January 2. I was putting something together and had to take it apart twice because I had a piece on backward. That elicited a chorus of the eff word out of my mouth. Just because I was aggravated. REALLY aggravated.

Like a good queen, I confessed my eff up, I mean, my screw-up to my nearest and dearest friends and one of them commented "Well, if no one heard you--isn't that kind of like the forest/tree thing?" I hadn't thought of it, but yes. If no one hears you but the dogs--it doesn't really count.

I started out 2006 with a 5K. Best time I've ever put in (33.52). Remember, I racewalk, so 33 minutes is pretty fast. The fastest I've ever RUN a 5K was 31.05, so I'm closing in on that time. So if my resolution was to be healthier--took care of that one.

My dating life still continues to be a source of amusement--to me even. One of the men who posts on the message board I frequent commented that he was glad that he wasn't dating anyone on the board--he couldn't take the stress of the play by play commentary. I replied to him "But Charlie--I don't ever talk about anyone I actually LIKE!" He did have to concede that point.

The latest is that one of the guys is very proud that he "lets" his kids bring over the family dog on the weekends. But she is confined to the laundry room and backyard. I don't like that at all. My dogs have the run of the house. Yes, there is dog hair on the furniture and if it bothers you that much, I have several lint rollers. But in my opinion, no outfit is complete without some dog hair. If you are that fussy, I can guarantee, we won't get along that well.

I'm also starting off the new year with PMS. That may or may not be a good thing. So far, no one has said or done anything stupid, but it is early.

Happy New Year to you. May it be filled with prosperity and love. You can create both, but for God's sake--don't settle because you think you're obligated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home