Shut up Get out

Friday, February 03, 2006

Ahhhh VALENTINE'S DAY is rapidly approaching. For all you men out there--it means you have 11 days to not suck. Women--it means--if you don't have that special someone in your life--you too can go buy a g.d. box of Godiva and eat it all yourself. Which I highly recommend.

I, myself, don't really give a crap about the actual day. I haven't had a really good Valentine's Day for a long time, so it's basically been relegated to "just another day" in my world. And I'm okay with that.

The ex-pita (this is how smart HE was) gave me a diamond ring the day BEFORE Valentine's Day one year. A diamond solitaire. Y'all know what that means. You also know that I never thought enough of him to bake him cookies, so why would I even CONSIDER marrying him? Well, the bizarre thing is that he never ASKED the question that typically goes along with a diamond ring. He just said--it's a token of my affection. Well, okay. At least I didn't have to say no. I wore it for awhile, but I'm just not a ring person. Maybe I would be for the RIGHT man, but for him, not so much. And besides, people would ask when I was getting married and I would get weird looks when I said "I'm not getting married".

It did come in handy when I was traveling a lot. It kept a lot of jackasses away from me. Wearing an actual wedding ring doesn't, I've heard. But an engagement ring does. Maybe because they think that a woman who is just engaged isn't as likely to stray as a married woman.

Back to Valentine's day--guys--here's some hints: Do not get crotchless panties for her--unless she normally wears them. Same with the bras that have no boob covering and just pasties, unless again, she is into those. Godiva chocolate is ALWAYS a winner. Don't eat any of it yourself. It is hers. Gift certificates to spas would be appreciated. If anyone were to actually think of me on Valentine's Day, I would like a letter explaining what I mean to you, Godiva Chocolates, which I might share with you, a CD that you created, a picture of us--see it doesn't have to be all that extravagant--but I guess it'll have to wait until next year. But I'm okay with that because my expectations are non-existent this year and besides--my Valentine gift this year is that pitchers and Catchers, namely Pudge Rodriguez, report to Spring Training on Feb 15 and that, my friends, is the best gift ever.

And PS--note to self--I'm telling this damn group that schedules meetings the week BEFORE Spring training starts an hour away from said meeting place to schedule the DAMN MEETING DURING SPRING TRAINING NEXT YEAR! Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home