Shut up Get out

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

UPDATES on everything from Dear Jackass to the mouse.

The mouse is still not dead; however, I don't know that he is even still living in my house. I haven't seen "evidence" of him since I took his snicker bars away. The other night I was on the phone and I heard the "hockey puck" trap snap--LOUD. So I thought I had finally killed the little effer. It took me awhile to get up the nerve to go into the kitchen to check on it. First I had to find something to sweep the trap into--I couldn't find my dust pan, so a big ass cardboard box had to suffice--and a softball bat. Peeked around the corner and the trap definitely looked askew. Got a little closer and the effin' thing had self destructed!!! And no dead mouse. CRAP!!! I'm down to just the industrial trap now, which is baited with a piece of chocolate.

Did y'all read about the idiot in New Mexico who caught a mouse and threw it on a pile of burning leaves? Then the mouse ran back into the house and caught the house on fire and it burned to the ground? First--I'll bet that little effer is dead now. Second--it just goes to show you--you really should beat it to death with a Windex bottle before tossing it out. The rodent really is a vengeful little creature, isn't it? I don't think it's karma.

2nd update--next year, I'm going to resolve to give up on giving up on cussing. Actually, I'm doing pretty well. I don't consider saying "effin" "effer" etc an actual cuss word. I am working on the other words as well.

And finally, the Dear Jackass letter. I was pretty pissed that day and I really don't hate the jackass as much as I said I did, but my feelings are still pretty hurt and I am still pretty disappointed in him. But at this point, there's nothing more I can do, so I have pretty much given up on it. I just don't feel a whole lot of anything at this point about the entire situation. It's hard to like someone when they don't like you back.

So at this point, I'm just living my life as I want. I have friends that did something so incredible for me that I will be forever in their debt. I enjoy each day for what it's worth and I am trying to make the most of my time on this earth. I am remembering to tell my friends that I love them whenever I talk to them and that I can't wait to see them. Most of all, I am trying to remember to laugh at myself. Someone once told me that you never get out of this life alive, so you might as well laugh while you're here.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger jazzi said…

    I like that - nobody gets out of here alive, so you may as well laugh while you're here. Definitely something to think about. Miss you madly, can't wait for March.

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seester - you ain't NEVA gonna quit cussin' so just forget about it & save yourself some anxiety.

    I ain't either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home